The second generation in the Garmin Astro dog tracking family is here, the Garmin Astro 320 combo with the Dc40 shows some great improvements from the original Astro 220 dog tracking system. The Astro 320 offers a handful of improvements that were specifically developed with the gundog hunter in mind.
- Easy to use screen layout
- Faster Processing system
- Ability to update collars in the field
- Compatible with dc20, dc30, and dc40 tracking collars
- Built in 1.7G of internal memory
- Birdseye capability
- Bright orange color
- More easily accessible power button
- New “covey counter” option
This Astro 320 dog tracking system will keep you on top of your hounds while their moving a track or help keep tabs on your pointer in the field.
Customizable Dog Tracking Display
Tracking man's best friend has never been so easy. With the Astro 320, you can choose to see a combination of your dog's name, direction, distance and status so you can see everything without leaving your map.
Stay Up-to-date on your dogs movements
Your gundog covers some serious ground, but you don't need to. Stay focused on where you're going, while keeping up-to-date tracking on your dog, even when he or she has gone off screen.
Need to share your dog with a pal? No worry. Wirelessly send, receive or transfer a dog's name, ID and update rate between units. You can track up to 10 dogs at a time, at a distance of up to 9 mi away (depending on the terrain).
Keep track of what you did, when you did it, with Astro 320’s improved calendar. It automatically and conveniently links all of your marked points and logged tracks to the day of the hunt for later review, or bragging rights.
Bring more functionality to your device with more dashboards in more places. View your elevation plot, coordinates, compass arrow and more on any page, at any time.
Bigger and bolder, the Astro 320 uses larger icons and text so you can find what you're looking for faster. Plus, the interface streamlines what is displayed by allowing dogs that are outside the current zoom level to have their location notated in the display’s margin.
The Big Dog Just Got Better
- Uses HotFix® and a high sensitivity receiver to acquire satellites
- Offers an improved base map with Digital Elevation Model
- Offers improved mapping support with access to TOPO U.S. 24K, BirdsEye Satellite Imagery, Garmin Custom Maps, City Navigator NT®, BlueChart® g2 and more (sold separately)
- Allows you to adjust your gundog's track length
- Zooms in (and out) quickly to find your dog
- Tracks 10,000 points of information per dog, ensuring your records are accurate no matter how long you are out
- Uses a universally accepted GPX file format to store all of your data
- Includes a keypad lock to stop accidental key presses
- Allows you to switch profiles - hunting, recreational, automotive, marine, geocaching, fitness, etc. - quickly so you won't miss a beat once you're done hunting
- Debuts innovative features like enhanced map drawing capabilities, vibration-based alerts and a 3-axis electronic compass
- Features legendary toughness that’s built to withstand the elements – be it dust, dirt, humidity or water
- Marks your exact spot with Covey Counter™, a special waypoint that tells you the exact location, time of day and elevation where you found your prey
- Saves other "special" waypoints, such as "Truck" and "Lodge" as well as waypoint icons to represent food plots, tree stands and other hunting-related points