Garmin TT 15 GPS Track and Train Collar for Alpha or Astro 320Click Here for our Pro Staff Review Article for Garmin T5 and TT15 Collars.
Garmin Alpha TT15 Tracking & Training Collar Overview.
NOTE: The Garmin TT15 is capable of being tracked on either the Astro 320 or the Alpha 100 but not simultaneously. In order to track the TT15 be sure to update your Garmin Astro 320 or Alpha 100 software for best performance. This can be easily achieved by downloading and running Garmin Web Updater or Garmin Express. For How-To instructions please visit, Double U Hunting Supply.
What’s New with the Garmin TT15?
- NEW! Garmin TT15 Compatibility! Ability to track either on the Alpha 100 or Astro 320 system
- NEW! Alpha TT15 Training Option! Garmin TT15 has a training Vibrate Option (Alpha 100 only)
- NEW! Improved GPS signal on the Garmin TT15:
Three training options available at the push of a button. (Alpha 100)
- Rescue Mode, switches to a battery conserving 2 minute update once 75% of the battery is depleted.
- Remotely operated LED beacon lights
- Alpha TT15 collar has GLONASS which doubles the available satellites to help triangulate the GPS position of the dog.
Top mounted highly sensitive GPS receiver like previous Astro DC30, Alpha TT10, and Astro DC50 collars
- NEW! Garmin TT15 Bark Detection Feature gives you real-time info on the frequency of your dogs barking in the field. (Alpha 100 only)
- Remotely control Garmin Virb action camera (Alpha 100 only)
- Tool-less design makes for fast, easy change of collar strap without the need for tools
- Waterproof up to 10 meters
Important Notes for Users Who Already Own an Alpha 100 and Astro 320 handheld:
- TT15 will track on either the Alpha 100 or the Astro 320 independently but not simultaneously.
- Users can update the software on older Alpha 100 and Astro 320 handhelds to track the TT15. (TT15 WILL NOT track on a Astro 220)
- To learn how to update your Alpha or Astro, visit our How-To section “link” (needs link)
Product Review Summary: Garmin TT15 Collar
REVIEW coming soon!………………
Key Features of the Garmin TT 15 Tracking & Training GPS Collar
- Better Training: The Garmin TT15 Track and Train collar has an on board Tri Tronics training system with 18 levels of stimulation. Along with momentary and continuous stimulation the TT15 has tone and the newly innovated training Vibrate mode.
- Stimulation Levels:18 levels of Momentary or Continuous Stimulation
- Tone: Tone feature gives an audible tone too.
- Vibrate: Our favorite new feature on the Garmin TT15 Tracking collar is the newly added vibrate mode. This is in an addition to the Tone feature most of us are used to as a non-shock stimulation training tool. The use of vibrate allows the user to correct a specific dog without using electric stimulation.
- Better Tracking: The high-sensitivity, top-mounted GPS receiver is now enabled to receive signals from GLONASS (Global Navigation Satellite System) satellites. This adds 21 more satellites that your collar can receive signal from. This in addition to the 28 satellites currently in the GPS system brings the total number of satellites to 49. Receiving signals from 49 earth orbiting satellite signals help minimize lost GPS location while hunting in heavy cover or deep canyons.
- Bark Detection: When enabled, hunters can see the rate of which their individual dog is barking even when they are too far away to physically hear. The status of each dogs bark rate can be displayed on both the map and compass screen. The user can choose to display the bark counter scale on or off the map page, keeping clutter to a minimum. Users can also choose between 20, 40, 60 or 80 barks per minute (BPM) alert. When a TT 15 is linked to an Astro 320 or Alpha 100 and your dog barks in excess of the chosen BPM it will alert you. This can be a handy tool when your dogs are out of hearing range and you are trying to decipher whether the dogs are trailing or have the critter jumped.
- Rescue Mode: This is an invaluable feature that has become a staple with Garmin GPS Dog tracking collars. When activated and the battery on the TT15 drains below 75% of its full charge, the rescue mode automatically changes the update rate from its preselected update rate to 120 second (2 min). This allows for many additional hours of battery life to help safely retrieve your valued dog. You can also turn this mode off if you wish not to use it.
- Better VHF Antenna: The Garmin TT15 comes with a more durable and flexible stainless steel cable antenna. TT15 comes with both 18.5” and 22.5”, with the 22.5” coming pre-installed on the TT15 from the Garmin factory.
- Fast Collar-Strap Changes: Modeled after the Garmin Alpha TT10 and Astro DC50, collar straps on the TT15 easily slide right through the channels on the TT15 battery box. This makes swapping the collar strap easier than ever. All universal 1 inch straps will fit the TT15 Dog Tracking collar. Pick from any one of the 27 different colors provided exclusively from Double U Hunting Supply. Order these TT15 Replacement Straps Separately
- Improved Charging Port: The USB interfaced charging port allows 3 different charging options; AC outlet, a vehicle charging port and USB port on a computer. This is especially handy when it’s time to run a software update on your collar. Now all you have to do is attach the charging clip, plug your TT15 into your computer, and run Garmin Web Updater.
- Exclusive PIN Lock: Allows users to use a 4- digit code to “lockout” other people from tracking your dog. This feature could come to very useful to those who hunt in large groups or hunt in competitions.
- Adjustable Dog Type: Using the updated Alpha 100 or Astro 320, you can change each of your individual dog’s status to best reflect what they are doing. Your options are 1) Pointing, 2) Treeing, 3) Auto, and 4) None. This lets your Alpha or Astro know that when your dog is idle he or she could be on point or have game treed.
Better Power Button Placement: Having the power button placed on the bottom of the collar box keeps it safe from getting accidentally shut off by other collars or by brush. It will also help keep it from getting damaged like we see so often on DC30s and DC40s. The damage to the DC30 and DC40s sometimes allows moisture to enter into the battery box resulting in unrepairable damage.
- Antenna Protection Sleeve: With the TT15, you’ll never have to use zip ties or tape to secure an antenna again. The new TT15 comes with a thick, durable easy to clean rubber cover sleeve that keeps the VHF antenna erect and receiving communication signals.
- Camera Control: (Garmin Virb Action Camera Purchased Separately) This features is only active when using with the Alpha 100, the TT15 is capable of controlling the Garmin Virb Action camera controlling the Garmin Virb Camera through the TT15 with the Alpha 100 Handheld.
Unit dimensions and Specifications
Unit dimensions: (WxHxD): 3.5 x 1.75 x 1.85" (8.9 x 4.4 x 4.7 cm)
Weight of transmitter and antenna:
Total weight (w/ collar):
7.3 oz (207 g)
10.0 oz (284 g)
Battery life: 20-40 hours
Battery type: rechargeable lithium-ion pack (included)
Water rating: 1 ATM (10 meters)1
Replaceable collar straps: Yes, compatible w/ 1” (2.54 cm)
TT15 Batteries and Battery Life
In our experiences with the TT15 Track and Train collar we can expect between 40-42 hours of continual run time on a 10 second update rate with rescue mode turned on.
If you choose to use it, rescue mode will greatly increase the run time of your TT15. Every minute counts when searching for a lost dog. Rescue Mode is definitely a benefit to those who find themselves in this predicament.
Update Rates for the Garmin TT15
Q: What are the update rates when using the Garmin TT15 as an Alpha TT15 tracking Collar?
A: When using the TT15 with the Alpha 100 you can choose update rates between 2.5, 5, 10, 30, 120 seconds.
Q: What are the Update rates when using the Garmin TT15 collar as an Astro TT15:
A: While tracking the TT15 with an Astro 320 it will have the standard 5, 10 , 30, 120 second updates.
- When the TT15 is linked to an Astro 320 the PIN Lock option is available. This PIN code number is an access code you can assign each collar to prevent anyone else from tracking your dog either on purpose or by mistake. To use it, simply assign a 4-digit code to each of your collars with your Astro 320 handheld. This will prevent your collars from showing on any other Astro 320.
When the TT15 is linked to the Alpha 100 there are two codes that are automatically assigned. They are the track code and the train code. To view the track or train codes visit your dog info screen.
Train Code: Giving this code to another Alpha 100 will allow full permission for the Alpha 100 to operate all functions of the TT15 collar. Any user you give the “Train Code” to can track your TT15, use training options on your TT15 to turn on and off the LED lights on your TT15, change the update rate on your TT15, and change the ID number of the TT15 collar. Giving your training code basically gives the recipient 100% permission to do anything you are able to do on your TT15.
Track Code: If you would like to allow your friends to only track your dogs, without the ability to correct or change the settings, you can simply give them your 6-digit “Track Code”. This allows the user to only track your Garmin Alpha TT15 collar. The user will not have the ability to use any training features or change any settings on the Garmin Alpha TT15 collar.
What’s in the Box for the Alpha TT15?
- TT15 transmitter with a 22.5" long range antenna attached to a 1" red strap
- 18.5" standard antenna
- AC adapter
- Vehicle charging adapter
- Charging cable
- Quick start manual
- Longer stimulation prongs
Frequently Asked Questions Garmin Alpha TT15 GPS Tracking Collars.
Q: Can you purchase an “Astro 320 Combo” with a TT15?
A: The Garmin TT15 collar is not available in the Garmin “Astro 320 Combo”. You can purchase the Garmin TT15 separately or you can purchase it in a combo pack as “Alpha 100 Combo” or with the TT15 Bundle.
Q: Can you shock or train with a TT15 while linked to an Astro 320?
A: You will not be able to utilize any of the training features of the TT15 when tracking with a Astro 320.
Q: Why would I purchase a TT15 if I use an Astro 320?
A: Some customers expect to upgrade in the future to the Alpha 100. Those customers that know they will be updating their Astro 100 system in the future may want to order the TT15 so they have the training capabilities available after they purchase the “Alpha 100 Combo”.
Information from the Garmin's website:
Garmin TT15 Track and Train Collar
Garmin® TT15 Track and Train Collar
Garmin TT15 GPS collar
Garmin TT15 Antenna Strap
Garmin TT15 Charging clip
Garmin TT15 Side view
Garmin TT15 Back plate
Garmin TT15 Front Lights
Garmin TT15 inside strap view
GLONASS GPS for Garmin TT15
Garmin Clip for TT15
Garmin TT15 12 volt Charger
extra antenna for TT15
Garmin TT15 cover port photos
Garmin TT15 AC wall charger
Garmin TT15 charger with PigTail
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Help and Resource Topics
Alpha Help And Troubleshooting
- My Alpha Unit Keeps Zooming Out
- Alpha Training Stimulation Chart Explaination
- Garmin TT10 vs TT15
- Updating the TT10 Collar Now Gives a Wierd Beep (Ringing Sound)
Garmin Alpha HowTo Section
- How to: Perform a Master Reset the TT10 Collar
- How to: Perform a MASTER RESET ALPHA 100
- How To: Adding a Dog to the Alpha 100 Handheld Using MURS
- How To: Adding a Hunter to Your Alpha 100 Handheld
- How To: Finding Contact and Dog IDs and Codes on the Garmin Alpha
- How To: Setting UP the training Keys on the Garmin Alpha
- How To: Changing the Length of the dogs’ track on the Garmin Alpha
- How To: Changing the color of the Dog’s Track on the Garmin Alpha
- How To: Changing the Collar Update Rate on the Garmin Alpha
- How To: Turning On Rescue Mode on the Garmin Alpha
- Big Changes for Garmin 2014 for the Alpha and Astro Lines