Garmin inReach Explorer+ Satellite Communicator
Garmin inReach Explorer+ Satellite Communicator
Garmin inReach Satellite Communicator
- inReach Explorer+
- • Two Way Messaging
- • 100% global satellite coverage with Iridium™
- • Two-way global interactive SOS
- • Tracking and location sharing
- • Cloud storage and trip planning
- • Pairs with mobile devices
- • Navigation; includes routes, waypoints, breadcrumb trail
- • Weather
- • Preloaded topographic maps
- • Built-in navigation sensors; Compass, barometric altimeter, and accelerometer
Garmin inReach Satellite Communicator
You may venture off the grid, but you’re never out of reach – as long as you’re carrying an inReach SE+ or inReach Explorer+. These handheld satellite communicators are designed for the outdoor enthusiast who wants to roam farther and experience more – without compromising their loved ones‘ peace of mind. From backcountry experiences to international adventures, inReach provides communication, location sharing, navigation and critical SOS functions for anyone who loves getting away from it all, on land, water or in the skies.
Explore Anywhere. Communicate Everywhere.
Using the worldwide coverage of the Iridium satellite network, these go-anywhere portable devices let you exchange text messages with any cell phone number or email address anywhere – while using GPS to track and share your journey’s progress. You can also post to social media or even communicate inReach-to-inReach in the field.
In case of an at-risk situation, you can also use inReach to trigger an SOS to the 24/7 monitoring center, text back and forth about the nature of your emergency, and receive confirmation when help is on the way.
No Cell Tower? No Phone Service? No Problem.
inReach SE+ and Explorer+ give you all the tools to stay totally connected. You don’t have to worry about being within range of a cell tower – or encountering spotty coverage in fringe zones or blackout areas. Your inReach communicator works anywhere and everywhere – so you’re never out of range, never out of reach.
Track and Share Your Whereabouts
Turn on the tracking function of your inReach SE+ or Explorer+ communicator, and let family and friends follow your progress on their computers or mobile devices, using the web-based MapShare® portal. The inReach device will send waypoints at preselected time intervals, so followers can track your whereabouts online. You can also invite your crew back home to use MapShare to ping your inReach unit and see your GPS location, track your movements and exchange messages during your trip. You can even embed your MapShare page on a blog, website or social media.
Pair with Your Mobile Device
For even more capability and convenience, the free Earthmate® app syncs your inReach handheld via Bluetooth® with your compatible Apple® or Android™ device¹ so you can access unlimited maps, aerial imagery and U.S. NOAA charts. Plus, Earthmate allows you to conveniently use all of the inReach features on your paired mobile device. For easier messaging, you can also sync your inReach device with your phone’s contact list to reach anyone, anywhere – with fewer keystrokes.
Get Weather Wherever
The optional inReach weather forecast service provides detailed updates directly to your inReach device, compatible smartphone or tablet paired with the Earthmate app, so you’ll know what conditions to expect en route. Basic and premium weather packages are offered. And you can request weather forecasts for your current location or any other waypoint or destination on your itinerary.
Who Will Answer Your SOS? GEOS Will.
GEOS is the world leader in emergency response solutions and monitoring. They’ve supported rescues in more than 140 countries, saving many lives in the process. And they’re standing by 24/7/365 to respond to your SOS, track your device and notify the proper contacts and emergency responders in your area. Then, while help is on the way, GEOS will continue to text back and forth with you, providing updates and critical information until your situation is resolved.
Which inReach Is Right for You?
As satellite communicators, both the inReach SE+ and Explorer+ offer identical messaging capabilities. However, it’s on the GPS navigation side that their differences become apparent. While inReach SE+ uses GPS to provide basic grid navigation and allow you to drop waypoints, mark key locations, track your progress, and follow a breadcrumb trail back to base – the inReach Explorer+ goes a step beyond, providing full-fledged GPS on-map guidance with preloaded TOPO mapping and waypoint routings viewable directly on the unit. Plus, a built-in digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer are included with Explorer+ to help you get and maintain accurate bearings anywhere on or off the beaten path.
Affordable, Flexible Satellite Airtime Plans
To access the Iridium network and communicate with your inReach SE+ or Explorer+ device, an active satellite subscription is required. Depending on your usage level, you can opt for an annual contract package or flexible month-to-month airtime plan.
Unlimited Cloud Storage and Trip Planning are Included
Every inReach device comes with free access to a cloud-powered portal to plan your trips with routes and waypoints, create preset messages and quick texts, sync and manage your device settings, update your firmware, download additional TOPO maps, link your social media accounts, store all your location tracking data and much more.
Built for the Rugged Backcountry
Tough, durable, impact resistant and water-rated to IPX7, the inReach SE+ and Explorer+ handhelds are built to keep you up and running – no matter what the elements throw at you. An internal, rechargeable lithium battery comes standard on both units so you can count on long battery life in every mode of operation (up to 100 hours at 10-minute tracking mode (default); up to 75 hours at 10-minute tracking with 1-second logging; up to 30 days at the 30-minute interval power save mode; and up to 3 years in standby mode). Recharge via the standard microUSB power cable or optional in-vehicle 12 V charger.
It’s peace of mind in the palm of your hand. inReach SE+ and Explorer+ are satellite communicators that use 100% global Iridium satellite coverage for two-way messaging anywhere in the world. In case of emergency, the interactive SOS allows you to communicate back and forth and receive confirmation that help is on the way. Both models include a built-in GPS that enables location tracking and basic navigation with a high-detail bread crumb trackback trail. inReach Explorer+ adds robust navigation options such as preloaded DeLorme® topographic maps1, built-in digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer.
- - Global Satellite Communicators Satellite communicators with 100% global Iridium satellite coverage for two-way messaging anywhere in the world
- - Interactive SOS: Trigger an interactive SOS to GEOS, the 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center, to communicate the nature of the emergency
- - Send and Receive Text Messages: Send and receive text messages while beyond cellular range to any cell phone number, email address or to another inReach
- - Basic and Robust Navigation Options: Both models feature a built-in, high-sensitivity GPS that provides basic navigation, location and tracking data within 5 meters and better accuracy over that of a paired/companion mobile device; follow routes, drop waypoints and find your way back with a bread crumb trail; inReach Explorer+ adds robust navigation options such as preloaded topographic maps1, built-in digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer
- - Location Tracking and Sharing: Use the MapShare site to track and share your location online with family and friends, so they can ping your device and exchange messages
- - Earthmate App: Pair with mobile devices2 using the free Earthmate app for access to topographic maps and U.S. NOAA charts, color aerial imagery and more; additional data for hunters, such as game management units and parcel information, are available for purchase
- - Subscription Plans: Flexible subscriptions; choose from annual contract or monthly plans
- - Battery Life Internal: Rechargeable lithium battery gives up to 100 hours of battery life in tracking mode; up to 30 days in power-save mode (battery life may vary depending on settings)
- - Cloud Storage and Trip Planning: Use the cloud-powered portal to plan your trips with routes and waypoints, sync and manage your device, store all your location tracking data, and much more
- -Water Rating: Rugged, impact resistant and water rated to IPX73
Subscription Pricing (available through Garmin after purchase)