Garmin Alpha 100 with TT15 Collar Combo
Overview: Garmin Alpha 100 TT15 Combo.
NOTE: The Garmin TT15 is capable of being tracked on either the Astro 320 or the Alpha 100 but not simultaneously.In order to track the TT15 be sure to update your Garmin Astro 320 or Alpha 100 software for best performance. This can be easily achieved by downloading and running Garmin Web Updater or Garmin Express. For How-To instructions please visit, Double U Hunting Supply. (LINK)
**Coming Soon Video!**
Garmin introduces the most innovative tracking and training collars to date, the Garmin Alpha TT15 track and train collar. This system is an improvement of the already popular Alpha 100 TT10 system used by so many serious and hunters and trainers.
You can now accuratly track and train more dogs than ever before!
New Features for the Alpha 100 TT15 Combo!
- Compatibility Across Both Alpha or Astro Platforms!
- FREE 1yr Subscription to Birdseye Satellite Imagery!
- Vibrate Training Mode!
- Bark Detection!
- Emergency Alert!
- Garmin Virb Camera Control!
Why hunt with an Alpha TT15 System?
Alpha 100 handheld:
Updated software to track TT15 collars, as well as non- training T5 tracking collars
- Users can update the software on older Alpha 100 handhelds to track the TT15 GPS collar.
- For instructions on how to update your Alpha, visit our How-To Section “link” (needs link)
- Software update enables Bark Detection feature, Vibrate Mode, VIRB Camera Control.
- Emergency Alert (Alpha to Alpha)
- Capable of tracking both TT15 tracking collar and T5 tracking collar as well as the current TT10s
- Track and Train up to 20 Dogs with the Garmin Alpha bundle
- Track your hunting partners that use Alphas
- Dog Alerts in tone, vibrate, or both
- Ability to hide dog status, names, distance, as well as off screen dogs
- Auto Zoom to dogs
- Geo Fence and radius alerts
- Wireless dog sharing
- Remotely change communication settings
- 100k Topo mapping pre-installed
Other Alpha Unit Features
- 1 Year of Birdseye Satellite Imagery FREE
- Emergency Alert
- Garmin Virb Camera Control
- Side power button also used for screen lock
- Touch screen
- Micro SD card slot for pre-programed map cards
- 3 –axis compass
- Garmin backbone design back plate (for Garmin accessories and mounts)
- 4G of internal memory
- Can track on either the Alpha or the Astro systems
- NEWLY added Vibration stimulation in training mode (Alpha 100 only)
- Rescue Mode switches to a battery conserving 2 minute update once 75% of the battery is depleted.
- Remotely operated LED beacon lights
- Improved GPS signal on the Garmin TT15 tracking collar:
- GPS receiver mounted to the top of the collar like previous DC30, TT10, and DC50 collars
- GLONASS allows for 21 new satellites to help triangulate position of the Garmin TT15
- Comes with both standard as well as long range, stainless steel braid VHF antennas
- Bark Detection gives you real-time info on the frequency of your dogs barking in the field.
- Remotely control Garmin Virb Camera with (Alpha 100 only)
- Tool-less design makes for fast, easy changes of collar straps without the need for tools –link to collar straps-
- Waterproof up to 10 meters
Top E- Collar in the Garmin Alpha 100 TT15 Bundle
- Train up to 20 dogs on a single system
- Track and Train on same screen
- 4G of internal memory
- 3 – physical training buttons located on top Alpha screen
- 18 levels of momentary and continuous stimulation
- NEWLY ADDED Vibration and Audible tone
- Pre-set different stimulation modes and levels for each dog
- 2 modes of training level set up (linear, traditional)
- Train as far as you can Track (best ranging e-collar)
Stimulation modes on the Garmin TT15 Track and Train Collar
NEW Vibrate With TT15:
Vibrate expands the versatility of the Garmin Alpha TT15 system even more. Users have another option to correct a dog without using electric stimulation. One benefit to hound hunters is being able to communicate with an individual dog without having to shock the dog or alerting the rest of the pack.
This is the mode we recommend for hound hunters. The simple to use and understand 1-18 levels are in the same range as the Tri Tronics 1-6, Garmin just added more levels in between. For example a 18 on the Alpha 100 TT15 Combo is the same as a 6 from a Classic 70 or Trashbreaker.
Traditional mode allows the user to jump up to higher levels faster. It uses a 1-6 with high, medium, and low for each level. This is the same as what Tri Tronics used for its Pro Series training collars.
The audible tone is a great way to correct a dog without having to use stimulation. For hunters it is a great way to communicate with your entire pack.
Key features of the Garmin Alpha 100 TT15 Bundle
- Track and Train more dogs: The Alpha 100 is capable of tracking and training up to 20 dogs at one time. This comes in handy for those who either hunt with more than ten of their own dogs or hunt with other people with a lot of dogs on the ground.
- Wirless dog transfer: Never has it been easier for you to link dogs to your buddy’s hand held. With the Alpha 100 you can wirelessly transfer collar data from one unit to the next without having the collar in your possession. This makes it much easier to get your partners in on the race while your dogs are already on the track.
- Keep track of your friends: Not only can you track up to 20 dogs but you can also track other Alpha 100 handhelds up to 20 units over all. Example: 18 dogs and 2 Alphas or 17 dogs and 3 Alphas.
- Change all communication settings on the fly: An exclusive feature to the Garmin Alpha 100 is that all communication settings including ID numbers, update rates, rescue mode are changeable on the fly. This is especially helpful when trying to cut dogs off on a road. Being able to change your update rate to 2.5 seconds to help catch a dog on the run is the greatest!
- Choose your unit: No longer are you locked into tracking your collar on either the Astro 320 or the Alpha100. The TT15 can be tracked on either the Astro 320 or the Alpha 100. This will make it easier for folks to upgrade to the Garmin Alpha combo when they can piece together their collars over time.
- Better Training: The Garmin Track and Train collar (TT15) has an on board Tri Tronics training system with 18 levels of stimulation. Along with momentary and continuous stimulation the TT15 has a tone and newly innovated vibrate mode.
- NEW Vibrate: Our favorite new feature on the Garmin TT15 Tracking collar is the newly added vibrate mode. This is an addition to the Tone feature most of us are used to as a non-shock stimulation training tool. The use of vibrate allows the user to correct a specific dog without using electric stimulation or alerting other dogs in the pack.
- Better GPS Tracking: The high-sensitivity, top-mounted GPS receiver is now enabled to receive signals from GLONASS (Global Navigation Satellite System) satellites. This adds 21 more satellites signals your collar can connect with.this coupled with the 28 satellites currently in the GPS system will help cut down on dropping satellite connection while hunting in rugged conditions.
- NEW Bark Detection: When enabled, hunters can see the rate of which their individual dog is barking even when they are too far away to physically hear. The status of each dog’s bark rate can be displayed on both the map and compass screen. If the user wishes the bark display scale can be turned off on the map screen to keep clutter to a minimum. Users can also choose between 20, 40, 60 or 80 barks per minute (BPM) alert. When a TT15 is linked to an Astro 320 or Alpha 100 and your dog barks in excess of the chosen BPM it will alert you. This can be a handy tool when your dogs are out of hearing range and you are trying to decipher whether the dogs are trailing or have the critter jumped.
- Rescue Mode: this is an invaluable feature that has become a staple with Garmin tracking collars. When activated and the battery on the TT15 drains below 75% of its full charge, the rescue mode automatically changes the update rate from its preselected update rate to 120 second (2 min). This allows for many additional hours of battery life to help safely retrieve your valued dog. You can also turn this mode off if you wish not to use it.
- Better VHF Antenna: The Garmin TT15 track and train collar comes with a more durable and flexible stainless steel air craft cable antenna. TT15 comes with both 18.5” and 22.5”, with the 22.5” coming pre-installed on the TT15 GPS collar from the Garmin factory.
- Fast Collar-strap Changes: Modeled after the Garmin Alpha TT10 and Astro DC50, collar straps on the Garmin TT15 track and train easily slide right through the channels on the collar box, making swapping collar straps easier than ever before. All 1 inch universal collar straps will fit the TT15s. Pick from any one of the 27 different colors provided exclusively from Double U. Order these TT15 Replacement Straps Separately
- Improved Charging Port: the USB interfaced charging port allows 3 different charging options AC outlet, a vehicle charging port and USB port on a computer. This is especially handy when it’s time to run a software update on your collar. All you have to do is attach the charging clip, plug your TT15 into your computer, and run Garmin Web Updater.
- Track and Train Codes: You now have the ability to provide your hunting partners with a track and train code that allows them to fully track and control your dog or can just give them a track code without a train code that will only allow them to track your dog without the ability to shock your dog.
- Adjustable Dog Type: Using the updated Alpha 100 or Astro 320, you can change each of your individual dog’s status to best reflect what they are doing. Your options are 1) Pointing , 2) Treeing , 3) Auto, and 4) None. This lets your Alpha or Astro know that when your dog is sitting idle, he or she could be on point or have game treed.
- Antenna Sleeve: With the Garmin TT15, you’ll never have to use zip ties or tape to secure an antenna again. The new TT15 comes with a thick, durable rubber cover sleeve that keeps the VHF antenna erect and receiving communication signals. Along with the rest of the collar, its extremely durable and easy to clean.
- Camera Control: When linked to the Alpha 100, the TT15 is capable of controlling the Garmin Virb camera. This would allow a user to be able to see what the dog sees.
Product Review Summary: Alpha 100 with TT15 Collar Combo
---- this needs to be added at a later date ------
Garmin Alpha 100 Handheld Features and Details
- Side power button location
- Ability to track both TT15 and T5 tracking collars
- 4.0 GB of internal memory
- Tracks up to 20 dogs and/or handhelds simultaneously
- Up to 9 miles of handheld-to-collar reception (line of sight)
- MURS frequency band
- Comes with 1 year subscription to Garmin’s Birdseye Satellite Imagery
- Pre installed 100k topo map of the United States
- Wireless communication settings, dog transfers, emergency alerts
Garmin Alpha 100 Specs:
Unit dimensions (WxHxD): 2.5 x 6.5 x 1.5” (6.4 x 16.5 x 3.8 cm)
Display size (WxH): 1.53 x 2.55” (3.8 x 6.3 cm); 3” diag (7.6 cm)
Display resolution (WxH): 200 x 400 pixels
Display type: transflective, 65-K color TFT touchscreen
Weight: 8.8 oz (250 g) with standard antenna and battery
Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion pack (included)
Battery life: up to 20 hours
Water rating: IPX7 (1m/30min)3
High-sensitivity GPS receiver: Yes
Frequency band: MURS
Range: 9 miles
Preloaded maps: Yes (topographic)
Ability to add maps: Yes
Built-in memory: 4.0 GB, 500 MB available for user storage
Accepts data cards: microSD™ card (not included)
BirdsEye Satellite Imagery: Free 1-year subscription included
Custom maps compatible: Yes
Track log: 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
Automatic routing: Yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
Color Touchscreen: Yes
Electronic compass: Yes
Barometric altimeter: Yes
Emergency alert: Yes
Photo navigation (geotagged): Yes
Hunt/fish calendar: Yes
Sun and moon information: Yes
Tide tables: Yes
Area calculation: Yes
Custom POIs (ability to add more): Yes
Unit-to-unit transfer: Yes
TT15 GPS Tracking Collar Features:
- Top-mounted, high sensitivity, GLONASS-enabled satellite receiver
- 22.5” braided-steel antenna, with 18.5” antenna available as an option
- Remotely operated LED beacon lights
- Ability to track on both Garmin Alpha 100 and Garmin Astro 320
- Adjustable stimulation prongs
- 18 levels of stimulation as well as audible tone and vibration mode
- User-configurable Bark Detection
- User-configurable Rescue Mode to extend battery life
- Updates dog positions every 2.5, 5, 10, 30, or 120 seconds
- Ability to control the Garmin Virb Camera with aid of a Alpha 100
- Easy-to-replace 27”x1” collar strap (no tools needed)
- Extreme waterproofing (up to 10 meters, or ~33 feet)
- Rechargeable, replaceable Lithium Ion Battery
Garmin TT15 Specs:
- Unit dimensions (WxHxD): 3.5 x 1.75 x 1.85" (8.9 x 4.4 x 4.7 cm)
- Weight of transmitter and antenna:
- Total weight (w/ collar):
- 7.3 oz (207 g)
- 10.0 oz (284 g)
- Battery life: 20-40 hours
- Battery type: rechargeable lithium-ion pack (included)
- Interface: USB
- Water rating: 1 ATM (10 meters)1
- High-sensitivity GPS/GLONASS receiver: Yes
- Vibration: Yes
- Stimulation/tone: Yes
- LED beacon lights: Yes
- Rescue mode: Yes
- Replaceable collar straps: Yes, compatible w/ 1” (2.54 cm)
- Handheld compatibility: Alpha 100 or Astro 3202
Garmin Alpha TT15 Bundle Battery Life
Alpha 100 Handheld:
- The Alpha 100 GPS runs on a re-chargeable lithium ion battery pack the run time with normal use is between 10-20 hours. This can be prolonged indefinably if the unit is plugged in while riding in a vehicle.
TT15 Battery Life:
- Battery life on the Garmin Alpha TT15 Track and Train collar can vary greatly depending on the update rate used as well as if Rescue Mode has been activated or not. In our own experience with the TT15, on a 10 second update with Rescue Mode turned on we see about 40-42 hours of run time.
Update Rates for the Garmin TT15 Tracking Collar
With the TT15, there are two sets of update rates depending on which handheld you are using. If you are in Astro mode for the TT15 it will have the standard 5, 10 , 30, 120 second updates and in Alpha mode the TT15 you get an added level of 2.5 seconds (2.5, 5, 10, 30, 120). This allows you to find a balance of battery run time and frequency of which you would like to know where your dog is at a given time.
What’s in the Box for the Alpha/TT15 Bundle?
- Alpha 100 handheld
- TT15 Track and Train Collar
- 5.0" standard antenna for the Alpha
- 13.0" long range antenna for the Alpha
- 18.5" standard antenna for the TT15
- 22.5" long range antenna for the TT 15
- Belt clip
- USB cable
- AC adapter
- Long probes
Garmin TT 15 GPS Tracking Collar Unit Alpha 100 Handheld Combo Bundle
Garmin Alpha 100 Combo with TT15
Garmin Alpha 100 Combo TT15 Collar
Garmin Alpha 100 Combo HandHeld
Garmin Alpha 100 Bundle Screen shot 1
Garmin Alpha 100 Bundle TT15 Collar Top View
Garmin Alpha 100 HandHeld
Garmin Alpha 100 TT15 GPS Antenna
Garmin Alpha Geo Fence
Garmin Alpha TT15
Garmin Alpha 100 Show Info Page
Garmin TT15 Side View
Garmin Alpha Screen Compass Screen
Garmin Alpha 100 Combo Birdseye Imagry Map
Garmin Alpha 100 Map Screen
Garmin Alpha 100 Dog Tracks
Garmin Alpha TT15 Tracking Collar
Garmin Alpha 100 and TT15 Combo
Garmin Alpha 100 Menu Screen View
Garmin Alpha 100 Combo Handhelt View
Garmin Alpha 100 Handheld
Garmin Alpha 100 Combo GPS
Garmin Alpha 100 Combo Handheld Side View
Garmin Alpha 100 Combo Handheld Unit
Gamin Alpha 100 Handheld Back View
Garmin Alpha 100 Combo Handheld
Garmin TT15 Training Collar
Garmin Alpha 100 Side View
Garmin TT15 GPS Tracking Collar Top View
Garmin Alpha Bundle
Help and Resource Topics
Alpha Help And Troubleshooting
- Garmin Alpha won't Turn on
- My Alpha Unit Keeps Zooming Out
- Garmin Astro/Alpha Antenna Comarison Chart.
- Alpha Training Stimulation Chart Explaination
- Garmin TT10 vs TT15
Garmin Alpha HowTo Section
- How to: Perform a MASTER RESET ALPHA 100
- How To: Adding a Dog to the Alpha 100 Handheld Using MURS
- How To: Adding a Hunter to Your Alpha 100 Handheld
- How To: Finding Contact and Dog IDs and Codes on the Garmin Alpha
- How To: Setting UP the training Keys on the Garmin Alpha
- How To: Changing the Length of the dogs’ track on the Garmin Alpha
- How To: Changing the color of the Dog’s Track on the Garmin Alpha
- How To: Changing the Collar Update Rate on the Garmin Alpha
- How To: Turning On Rescue Mode on the Garmin Alpha
- Big Changes for Garmin 2014 for the Alpha and Astro Lines