Garmin Alpha 100 Combo with TT15x/T5x Tracking Collar
Garmin Alpha 100 Combo with TT15x/T5x Tracking Collar
Garmin introduces the most innovative GPS dog tracking and training collars to date, the Garmin Alpha TT15 GPS track and train collar. This GPS tracking system for dogs is an improvement of the already popular Alpha 100 TT10 system used by many serious hunters and trainers. You can now accurately track and train more dogs than ever before with the Alpha 100 TT15 Combo !
Garmin Alpha 100 with TT15/T5 Collar Bundle
Click Here for our Pro Staff Review Article for Garmin T5 and TT15 Collars.
Compatible Wireless Tracking Devices:
- - DriveTrack 70
- - Fenix 3 & Fenix 5 Watches
- - Astro 430
Compatible Tracking Collars
- - TT10
- - TT15
- - T5
- - DC50: Pairing the DC50 collar with an Astro 430 is required before you can track it with the Alpha 100.
Garmin Alpha 100 TT15 Combo (when you select the TT15 Track and Train Collar)
You can track The TT15 collar with the Alpha and the Astro 430 simultaneously.
The Garmin TT15 GPS tracker for dogs is capable of being tracked on either the Astro 320 or the Alpha 100 but not simultaneously.
To track the TT15 GPS dog collar be sure to update your Garmin Astro 320 ,430, or Alpha 100 software for best performance. This can be easily achieved by downloading and running Garmin Web Updater or Garmin Express.
New Features for the Alpha 100 TT15 Combo
- - Compatibility Across Both Alpha or Astro Platforms
- - Vibrate Training Mode
- - GLONASS
- - Bark Detection
- - Emergency Alert
- - Garmin VIRB Camera Control
NEW Vibrate with TT15: Vibrate expands the versatility of the Garmin Alpha TT15 system even more. Users have another option to correct a dog without using electric stimulation. One benefit to hound hunters is being able to communicate with an individual dog without having to shock the dog or alerting the rest of the pack.
Linear Mode: We recommend Linear Mode for hound hunters. The simple to use and understand 1-18 levels are in the same range as the Tri-Tronics 1-6, Garmin just added more levels in between. For example, an 18 on the Alpha 100 TT15 Combo is the same as a 6 from a Classic 70 or Trashbreaker.
Traditional Mode: Traditional mode allows the user to jump up to higher levels faster. It uses a 1-6 with high, medium, and low for each level. This is the same as what Tri-Tronics used for its Pro Series training dog collars.
Tone: The audible tone is a great way to correct a dog without having to use stimulation. For hunters it is a great way to communicate with your entire pack.
Key Features of the Garmin Alpha 100 TT15/T5 Bundle
Track & Train More Dogs (Only available with TT15 Collar)
The Alpha 100 is capable of tracking and training up to 20 dogs at one time. This comes in handy for those who either hunt with more than ten of their own dogs or hunt with other people with a lot of dogs on the ground.
Wireless Dog Transfer (Available with both TT15 and T5)
Never has it been easier for you to link dogs to your buddy’s hand held. With the Alpha 100 you can wirelessly transfer collar data from one unit to the next without having the GPS dog collar in your possession. This makes it much easier to get your partners in on the race while your dogs are already on the track.
Keep track of your friends: Not only can you track up to 20 dogs, but you can also track other Alpha 100 handhelds up to 20 units over all. Example: 18 dogs and 2 Alphas or 17 dogs and 3 Alphas.
Change all Communication Settings on the Fly (Available with both TT15 and T5)
An exclusive feature to the Garmin Alpha 100 is that all communication settings including ID numbers, update rates, rescue mode are changeable on the fly. This is especially helpful when trying to cut dogs off on a road. Being able to change your update rate to 2.5 seconds to help catch a dog on the run is the greatest!
Better Training (Available only with TT15 Collar)
The Garmin Track and Train collar (TT15) has an onboard Tri-Tronics training system with 18 levels of stimulation. Along with momentary and continuous stimulation the TT15 has a tone and newly innovated vibrate mode.
NEW Vibrate (Available only with TT15 Collar)
Our favorite new feature on the Garmin TT15 Tracking collar is the newly added vibrate mode. This is an addition to the Tone feature most of us are used to as a non-shock stimulation training tool. The use of vibrate allows the user to correct a specific dog without using electric stimulation or alerting other dogs in the pack.
Better GPS Tracking (Available with both TT15 and T5)
The high-sensitivity, top-mounted GPS receiver is now enabled to receive signals from GLONASS (Global Navigation Satellite System) satellites. This adds 21 more satellites signals for your collar to connect with. This coupled with the 28 satellites currently in the GPS system will help cut down on dropping satellite connection while hunting in rugged conditions.
NEW Bark Detection (Available only with TT15 Collar)
When enabled, hunters can see the rate of which their individual dog is barking even when they are too far away to physically hear. The status of each dog’s bark rate can be displayed on both the map and compass screen. If the user wishes, the bark display scale can be turned off on the map screen to keep clutter to a minimum. Users can also choose between 20, 40, 60 or 80 barks per minute (BPM) alert. When a TT15 is linked to an Astro 320 or Alpha 100 and your dog barks more than the chosen BPM it will alert you. This can be a handy tool when your dogs are out of hearing range and you are trying to decipher whether the dogs are trailing or have the critter jumped.
Rescue Mode (Available with both TT15 and T5)
This is an invaluable feature that has become a staple with Garmin tracking collars. When activated and the battery on the TT15 drains below 75% of its full charge, the rescue mode automatically changes the update rate from its preselected update rate to 120 second (2 min). This allows for many additional hours of battery life to help safely retrieve your valued dog. You can also turn this mode off if you wish not to use it.
Better VHF Antenna
The Garmin TT15 track and train collar comes with a more durable and flexible stainless-steel air craft cable antenna. TT15 comes with both 18.5” and 22.5”, with the 22.5” coming pre-installed on the TT15 GPS dog collar from the Garmin factory.
Fast Collar-Strap Changes (Available with both TT15 and T5)
Modeled after the Garmin Alpha TT10 and Astro DC50, collar straps on the Garmin TT15 track and train easily slide right through the channels on the collar box, making swapping collar straps easier than ever before. All 1-inch universal collar straps will fit the TT15s. Pick from any one of the 27 different colors provided exclusively from Double U. Order these TT15 replacement straps separately.
Improved Charging Port (Available with both TT15 and T5)
The USB interfaced charging port allows 3 different charging options: AC outlet, a vehicle charging port and USB port on a computer. This is especially handy when it’s time to run a software update on your GPS dog collar. All you must do is attach the charging clip, plug your TT15 into your computer, and run Garmin Web Updater.
Track & Control Codes (Available with both TT15 and T5)
You now have the ability to provide your hunting partners with a track and train code that allows them to fully track and control your dog or can just give them a track code without a train code that will only allow them to track your dog without the ability to shock your dog.
Adjustable Dog Type (Available with both TT15 and T5)
Using the updated Alpha 100 or Astro 320, you can change each of your individual dog’s status to best reflect what they are doing. Your options are 1) Pointing ICON, 2) Treeing Treed Alpha ICON, 3) Auto, and 4) None. This lets your Alpha or Astro know that when your dog is sitting idle, he or she could be on point or have game treed.
Antenna Sleeve (Available with both TT15 and T5)
With the Garmin TT15, you’ll never have to use zip ties or tape to secure an antenna again. The new TT15 comes with a thick, durable rubber cover sleeve that keeps the VHF antenna erect and receiving communication signals. Along with the rest of the collar, it’s extremely durable and easy to clean.
Garmin Alpha 100 Handheld Features
- - Side power button location
- - Ability to track both TT15 and T5 tracking collars
- - 8.0 GB of internal memory
- - Tracks up to 20 dogs and/or handhelds simultaneously
- - Up to 9 miles of handheld-to-collar reception (line of sight)
- - MURS frequency band
- - Pre-installed 100k topo map of the United States
- - Wireless communication settings, dog transfers, emergency alerts
- - Unit dimensions (WxHxD): 2.5 x 6.5 x 1.5” (6.4 x 16.5 x 3.8 cm)
- - Display size (WxH): 1.53 x 2.55” (3.8 x 6.3 cm); 3” diag (7.6 cm)
- - Display resolution (WxH): 200 x 400 pixels
- - Display type: transflective, 65-K color TFT touchscreen
- - Weight: 8.8 oz. (250 g) with standard antenna and battery
- - Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion pack (included)
- - Battery life: up to 20 hours
- - Water rating: IPX7 (1m/30min)3
- - High-sensitivity GPS receiver: Yes
- - Frequency band: MURS
- - Range: 9 miles
- - Interface: USB
- - Preloaded maps: Yes (topographic)
- - Ability to add maps: Yes
- - Built-in memory: 8.0 GB, 500 MB available for user storage
- - Accepts data cards: microSD™ card (not included)
- - Custom maps compatible: Yes
- - Waypoints/favorites/locations: 4000
- - Routes: 200
- - Track log: 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
- - Automatic routing: Yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
- - Color Touchscreen: Yes
- - Electronic compass: Yes
- - Barometric altimeter: Yes
- - Emergency alert: Yes
- - Photo navigation (geotagged): Yes
- - Hunt/fish calendar: Yes
- - Sun and moon information: Yes
- - Tide tables: Yes
- - Area calculation: Yes
- - Custom POIs (ability to add more): Yes
- - Unit-to-unit transfer: Yes
Garmin TT15 GPS Tracking Collar Features:
- Top-mounted, high sensitivity, GLONASS-enabled satellite receiver
- 22.5” braided-steel antenna, with 18.5” antenna available as an option
- Remotely operated LED beacon lights
- Ability to track on both Garmin Alpha 100 and Garmin Astro 320
- Adjustable stimulation prongs
- 18 levels of stimulation as well as audible tone and vibration mode
- User-configurable Bark Detection
- User-configurable Rescue Mode to extend battery life
- Updates dog positions every 2.5, 5, 10, 30, or 120 seconds
- Ability to control the Garmin VIRB Camera with aid of an Alpha 100
- Easy-to-replace 27”x1” collar strap (no tools needed)
- Extreme waterproofing (up to 10 meters, or ~33 feet)
- Rechargeable, replaceable Lithium Ion Battery
- - Unit dimensions (WxHxD): 3.5 x 1.75 x 1.85" (8.9 x 4.4 x 4.7 cm)
- - Weight of transmitter and antenna:
- - Total weight (w/ collar):
- - 7.3 oz. (207 g)
- - 10.0 oz. (284 g)
- - Battery life: 20-40 hours
- - Battery type: rechargeable lithium-ion pack (included)
- - Interface: USB
- - Water rating: 1 ATM (10 meters)1
- - High-sensitivity GPS/GLONASS receiver: Yes
- - Vibration: Yes
- - Stimulation/tone: Yes
- - LED beacon lights: Yes
- - Rescue mode: Yes
- - Replaceable collar straps: Yes, compatible w/ 1” (2.54 cm)
- - Handheld compatibility: Alpha 100 or Astro 3202
Alpha 100 Handheld: The Alpha 100 GPS tracker for dogs, runs on a re-chargeable lithium ion battery pack the run time with normal use is between 10-20 hours. This can be prolonged indefinitely if the unit is plugged in while riding in a vehicle.
TT15 Battery Life: Battery life on the Garmin Alpha TT15 Track and Train collar can vary greatly depending on the update rate used as well as if Rescue Mode has been activated or not. In our own experience with the TT15, on a 10 second update with Rescue Mode turned on we see about 40-42 hours of run time.
With the TT15, there are two sets of update rates depending on which handheld you are using. If you are in Astro mode for the TT15 it will have the standard 5, 10, 30, 120 second updates and in Alpha mode the TT15 you get an added level of 2.5 seconds (2.5, 5, 10, 30, 120). This allows you to find a balance of battery run time and frequency of which you would like to know where your dog is at a given time.
What’s in the Box for the Alpha/TT15 Bundle?
- - Alpha 100 handheld
- - TT15 Track and Train Collar
- - 5.0" standard antenna for the Alpha
- - 13.0" long range antenna for the Alpha
- - 18.5" standard antenna for the TT15
- - 22.5" long range antenna for the TT 15
- - Belt clip
- - USB cable
- - AC adapter
- - Long probes